Beyond Wisconsin: Passports With PurposeNov 25, 2013 04:59PM ● By Julie Henning
So, for 14 days, bloggers from near and far are partnering with non-profit Passports with Purpose and buildOn to raise $115,000 for the construction of three primary schools and funding of three Adult Literacy Programs in the Sikasso Region of Mali.
Here’s how it works:
- Prizes ranging from tours, hotel packages, clothing, travel gear, electronics, gift certificates and loyalty points are donated by fantastic sponsors (more on this in just a bit).
- Between November 26 and December 9, 2013 donations are made in $10 increments through the Passports with Purpose website.
- The more you bid on a prize, the greater your odds are for winning (donations are tax deductible and winners are selected at random—a bunch of rules and FAQs can be found on the PwP website). Winners will be notified by December 16, 2013.
- Even if you don't win, you can feel good knowing you made the world a better place.
Adding to the prizes, Wisconsin Parent would like to say thank you to the Mall of America for donating a Family Fun Pack to Passports with Purpose. The pack is valued at $275 and includes:
• Four Nickelodeon Universe all-day ride wristbands ($124 value) • Four SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium tickets ($75 value) • Four Moose Mountain Adventure Golf tickets ($36 value) • Four Flying Dutchman Ghostly Gangplank ropes climbing course tickets ($20 value) • Two Mall of America Coupon Books ($20 value)
Connected directly to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport by Metro Transit, the Mall of America is easily accessible for travelers with a long layover or stopover in Minneapolis. A person could easily spend several hours enjoying the mall's shopping, entertainment, and dining venues. Plus, the state of Minnesota does not charge sales tax on clothing or shoes—another great reason to do some shopping on the go. Seven percent of the Mall of America's annual 42 million visitors are international.
Our family recently enjoyed a weekend getaway to the Mall of America and the Waterpark of America. For a full account of what to do and some ideas on saving money and making the most of your stay, read those stories by clicking these links:
- Road Trips for Families: Indoor Adventure at the Mall of America
- Wisconsin Parent: Waterpark Roundup, Waterpark of America
Good luck and thanks to everyone who makes a donation!