Apple Orchards in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Sep 21, 2014 07:08PM
● By Guest Contributor
When deciding between the hundreds of varieties of apples in the region and the many orchards that the Chippewa Valley has to offer, make sure to check out all of the other fall attractions in the area as well! Many of our orchards provide opportunities for both apple picking and purchasing including wagon rides through the orchards. Keep a look out for great corn mazes and pumpkin patches as well!
Here are some of the best orchards in the area:
- Autumn Harvest Winery & John McIlquham Orchard: http://www.autumnharvestwinery.com/orchard Apple orchard, wagon rides, corn maze, and Chippewa Valley wine tasting for mom and dad.
- Ferguson’s Orchards: http://morningsideorchard.com/eauclaire_home.html Apple orchard, corn maze, petting zoo, and pumpkin patch.
- Bushel & A Peck: http://www.bushelandapeckmarket.com/ Features a country store and a bakery, 30 apple varieties, pears, and plums (over 5500 trees)!
- Niblett’s Apple Shed: http://www.niblettsappleshed.com/contact.html
- Connell’s Family Orchard: https://www.facebook.com/connellsfamilyorchard
- Hillside Orchard Farms: http://retail.hillsideorchard.com/
For all the fall fun in the Chippewa Valley and to stay up to date on the Fall Color Report, Travel Wisconsin’s official fall color tracker, visit the Fall Colors Page at http://www.visiteauclaire.com/plan/fall-colors/.
Megan Pickhardt is a central Wisconsin native and lives in Eau Claire where she recently received her bachelor's degree. She is the Communications Specialist for the destination marketing organization, Visit Eau Claire, and enjoys promoting tourism in the area. A new found love of writing has inspired her to build stories and itineraries for families and travelers experiencing culture in destinations around the world!