How To Save On Back To School Supplies
Jul 23, 2014 03:00AM
● By Dannelle Gay
How to Save on Back to School SuppliesDoes the thought of going back to school shopping have you seeing dollar signs? This is the case for many parents, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some ways you can find all the items on the school supply list for less. It is easier than you may think!
- Shop at home. Chances are, you already have a great deal of supplies at home. Check all cabinets, drawers, and even under beds for pencils, markers, and crayons that you can use. Each item you don’t have to buy again is a dollar saved!
- Check out your local dollar store. Dollar stores are really stepping up their game and carrying a wide variety of school supplies. Visit your local dollar store for back to school basics such as rulers, scissors, binders, and even lunch bags.
- Get crafty! Buy basic supply boxes, journals, and folders and then add your own creative touch. Have your kids color, and add stickers and decals to get them all dressed up for less.
- Look for freebies. Many stores and organizations offer back to school freebies. Keep your eyes peeled for these giveaways and snag all sorts of back to school gear.
- Shop at office supply stores. Many office supply stores such as Staples offer super low back to school prices. Snag folders, paper, high lighters (and more) for pennies a piece when you take advantage of their back to school sales.
- Shop early. Don’t wait until the last minute. Shop early and purchase a little bit at a time so you do not have to spend one big chunk of change at once.
- Price match. Don’t forget to price match with all of the back to school sales that are going on. Target and Walmart all offer price matching, and by taking advantage of this perk you can save both time and money.